Digital Transformation promises a whole new, more effective way of running a business. But many businesses are resistant to change, and find the idea of a “big bang” transformation intimidating and confusing. So they do nothing. Digital Evolution is our way of embracing Digital Transformation, but gradually, carefully planned, step at a time.
Why Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation is about reimagining how you bring together people, data and processes to create value for your customers and maintain a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. All businesses, not just technology businesses, are using technology more and more to:
- Find out more about their customers and their needs
- Collaborate and communicate more effectively both internally and externally
- Manage information flow and information access within the business
- Respond and react more quickly to changes in macro economics, market situations and customer demand
- Market products and services, measure the impact and adjust activities
- Deliver and improve customer services and solicit feedback
- Interact with their customers
- Communicate with and manage supply chains and distribution networks
- Improve financial management, reporting and regulatory compliance
The the tools you use to do this include software apps and storage in the Cloud. The Cloud isn’t a destination, it’s a means to an end. The end is a better, more cost effective, more competitive business that delivers great value to your customers while offering real business benefits to you.
Digital transformation can be achieved by completely redesigning your business processes, information flow, storage, security and communication from the ground up. But for most businesses that’s likely to be difficult and disruptive. It would be like trying to change the tyres on a moving car.
There’s another, better way to achieve the same result, with less disruption, while continuing to run your business and deliver great products and services to your customers. We call it Digital Evolution.
Benefits of Digital Evolution
As a small or mid-market business, Digital Transformation using the Cloud offers you previously unattainable benefits – you have access to the same office systems, software applications, CRM systems, accounting systems, storage, security, ERP systems, communications and data processing as the biggest global enterprises. And you can do this flexibly, paying only for what you need, when you need it, scaling as your business requirements change.
The result is massive business process improvement combined with significant cost reduction and improved business agility and flexibility.
Digital Evolution allows you to achieve this in carefully planned and managed steps, each step achieving useful change before you embark on the next. You can pause, or stop entirely, whenever you choose. Planned and managed change also gives your team the time and opportunity to adopt each incremental improvement when it happens; that way they can incorporate these improvements into their daily routine – so your business benefits most effectively.
Digital Evolution can achieve the most effective systems integration of your office systems, sales and/or CRM system, marketing systems, accounting and financial systems and any line-of-business applications specific to your situation.
At Cameo Innovations, we regard Digital Evolution as our way of offering you quickly-deliverable, incremental benefits while you’re on your journey to the full Digital Transformation of your business. You’re just doing it one step at a time, with a trusted advisor, experienced in managing change and driving adoption, helping you at every stage.
Digital Evolution Methodology
- Road-map based incremental change
- Initial “exploratory” review to establish the current situation
- Identify goals and anticipated benefits
- Define phases and the scope of each phase
- Review after the end of each phase
- Document plan, timing, costs, results and benefits
- Project-manage incremental implementation
- Plan, and manage, adoption of each phase before embarking on the next
If you’re not yet convinced then you might consider some more reasons to embrace Digital Evolution.
If this already sounds like the way you’d prefer your business to achieve Digital Transformation, then contact us today.